I'm totally into Fall this week! If you did't see it, I posted these gorgeous Fall-themed wedding pictures earlier this week.
Today, I'm sharing two favorite Fall recipes: Bulletproof Coffee (with a Fall twist) and Pumpkin Crunch.
Here's the deal with Bulletproof Coffee - not only do you get some froth to jazz up your cup of joe, but the added fat does wonders to how your body absorbs the caffeine. I find that I don't get caffeine crashes when I drink my coffee this way.
- 1-2 cups of brewed, strong, dark coffee (Is there any other way to drink coffee?)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of butter (Kerry Gold grass-fed butter really makes a difference)
- A splash of vanilla extract
- A good sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice (I use Trader Joe's)
- Sugar/sweetener to taste
Throw it all into your blender and blend for 20 seconds or so until a nice froth forms on the top. Pour it into your favorite cozy mug and enjoy!
(I started with this recipe from the Wellness Mama blog.)
- 1 cup hulled pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt (or sea salt)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 300F. Lightly spray a baking sheet or use a silicone mat. Toss the seeds with the oil and spread in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast for about 20 minutes (until they are almost dry). Remove baking sheet from the oven and poor seeds into a large bowl. Combine with the maple syrup until coated. In a small bowl, combine the spices then stir into the seed mixture. Return the mixture to the baking sheet and spread evenly again. Roast for 15 minutes or until dry, stirring once or twice to avoid burning. Remove from oven. Allow to cool around 30 minutes then stir in the cranberries. Store in an tightly sealed container.
My mama sent me this recipe. It's originally from The Canyon Ranch Kitchen.